Practices are held Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6 – 8 pm from June 27 to November 7. These practices typically consist of bike handling skills instruction and group trail rides.
What do I bring for practice?
- Bike – in good working order (with spare tube and basic tools).
- Bar plugs – No open bar ends or bar “horns”.
- Riders must wear a helmet any time they are riding or have a leg over the bike. The helmet should be correctly sized and adjusted to the rider’s head. There are a variety of great helmets on the market. The right one for your rider will be comfortable on their head and not move at all.
- Team Shirt
- Please wear your orange team t-shirt or team jersey to practice. Each rider will receive two orange practice t-shirts. The color of the shirt makes it much easier for us to keep track of everyone in the woods.
- Water bottle or hydration pack and food – enough for two hours.
- It is our goal that everyone stay safe and have fun, and making sure we’ve all had enough to eat and drink for our rides is a big part of that.
- Repair kit
- Each rider should have a pack made up with at least one spare tire tube for their particular size of tire and a method to inflate that tire. Other ideas for items to keep in their packs are: tire levers, a bicycle multi-tool, a small portable bike pump or a CO2 cartridge/inflator.
- Bike light (late September – December)
- Lights for riding at night are required for fall practices. It is recommended to have a light mounted on the handlebars and a light fixed to the helmet to allow for maximum visibility. We recommend the NiteRider Lumina 750